As the world population continues to grow, and as society continues its industrial and technological development, the importance of doing this in a sustainable way has never been greater.
Sustainability majors at Keuka College will engage in meaningful and substantial coursework from the three spheres of sustainability (Business, Natural Sciences, and Social Sciences) to provide them with the background and foundation necessary to enter a wide variety of fields and professions ensuring a more prosperous, environmentally friendly and just society for their local community, country, and world.
In addition to the well-rounded liberal arts education every Keuka College student receives, students majoring in Sustainability will develop the following skills:
- Acquire a strong foundation in each of the three disciplines that comprise sustainability.
- Intelligently discuss why considerations of sustainability are essential to current and future development.
- Form hypotheses and write proposals related to sustainable systems on a local and national level.
- Understand and embrace multiple geographical, practical, and cultural perspectives on sustainability.
- Become a better overall communicator through critical reading, writing, and speaking.