Roommate Information

Roommate Information

A roommate can become a new friend, a study buddy, or just an acquaintance. We'll use what you tell us on your housing questionnaire (you'll get this once you decide to enroll) to match you up with someone great. If you already know who you'd like to room with (such as a friend, family member, or someone you met at an accepted students' event), it's no problem as long as you both let us know on your questionnaire.

Roommate and housing assignment information is shared over the summer (usually in late July), and it's a good idea to connect with your roommate to decide who's bringing what. If you have any questions, you can always contact the Office of Housing and Residence Life at (315) 279-5425.

Single Rooms

If you have a medical condition that requires you to live in a single room, you must apply for a housing accommodation through the Office of Student Accessibility (OSA) by emailing [email protected].

Medical approvals are not authorized by the Office of Residence Life.

If you'd just prefer to live alone, we'll make our best effort to accommodate your request. Single rooms are granted on a first-come, first-served basis after all medical needs of all incoming students have been accommodated by the OSA.

Housing & Dining Accommodation Request Form

If you are a student seeking support services such as an emotional support animal (ESA), meal plan reduction or exemption, a medical exception to be released to off-campus housing, medical single room, and/or physical modification to a room (including air cooling and/or filtration) you must use this form.