If you're applying to a graduate program, you'll also need to send us the following information:
- Current Résumé: Share your professional and educational experience and accomplishments with us.
- Personal Statement: Please write a brief (approximately 250 words) statement describing your reasons for undertaking this particular program and your future academic and professional plans.
- Essay: A different essay is required for each program. Choose a program from the list below to read the essay requirements. The Management and Literacy programs do not require essays.
- Recommendation Letter(s): You'll need recommendations from a supervisor or instructor. You can either enter their name and email address in the application and we will automatically send them a request, or you can download this form. The number of letters you'll need depends on the program to which you're applying:
- One for management, criminal justice administration, or nursing (education concentration)
- Two for social work, or literacy
- Three for the adult/gerontology primary care nurse practitioner program
- Teacher Certifications: If you're applying to the M.S. Literacy program, you'll need to send a copy of your New York State Teacher Certification documents. If you’re currently awaiting a certificate of qualification from the state education department, you’ll need to send us a letter from the certification officer of your institution that addresses your eligibility for teacher certification.
How to Send Supplemental Items
Once you have submitted your application for admission, login to your applicant portal. Click on your application, and click Open Application. You'll see a checklist on that page with instructions for submitting each item. If you need help, just give us a call at (800) 335-3852.